Monday, June 7, 2021

Righteousness

O. T. #1957  "Righteousness"

June 7, 2021

Summary of Ezekiel-Part 3

Looking at Psalm 86, there are some fantastic verses:

For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee. (verse 5)

In the day of my trouble I will call upon Thee: for Thou wilt answer me. (verse 7)

For Thou art great, and doest wondrous things: Thou art God alone. (verse 10)

 

Ezekiel had a very difficult and challenging call from God to deliver His messages and judgments upon Judah/Israel and pagan nations. Also, the new Temple, worship services, and Holy Land that will be during the thousand year reign of Jesus as King. If only Judah had repented of their sins of idolatry, then they would not have gone into captivity in Babylon, Jews would not have been killed, nor their land and Temple destroyed. However, God kept a remnant that loved Him and continued for the 70 years. He promised it and did it. Our God keeps His promises.

So here are some verses I highlighted during our study:

  • Son of man, I have made /set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me. (3:17; 33:7) If Ezekiel did not warn people, then he would be guilty of manslaughter, according to 3:18)
  • I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you, and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh: That they may walk in My statutes, and keep Mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God. (11: 19-20) Has Jesus given you a new heart and His Spirit?
  • Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God: Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations. (14:6) Is God calling you and me to repent, admit we are a sinner in need of a Savior? Will we leave those things which keep us from giving our whole heart to God?
  • Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it (a land of sinful people), they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord God. (14:14, 20)

Folks, we don't get to heaven because of grandma's righteousness or we have her Bible. Salvation and righteousness  are individually had. We must come to Jesus and receive His righteousness after we repent of our sins. Also, a priest does not merit us to heaven, nor does works. It is faith in believing what Jesus did on the cross. Jesus is the Son of God, who lived a sinless life, and became our Lamb that shed His blood for us to be made right with God. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Jesus.

I pray for all who read these blogs to know Jesus and believers to be encouraged. Thank you dear ones for your faithfulness to continue to study the Word of God with me. May God bless you abundantly and beyond all that we think or ask.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment