Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Shadows and Shields

O. T. #1963 "Shadows and Shields"

June 15, 2021

Summary of Ezekiel-Part 9

Oh my, Psalm 91, the whole chapter, is filled with so much. May it speak to your heart as it does mine.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Surely He shall delicver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.  (verses 1-4)

Is our security found in dwelling in the shadow of the Almighty God? With Him there is protection. As the baby bird takes refuge under its mother's wings, so can the believer who lives under the cover of God's covenant find safety.

When we think of how big our God is, then we should have peace being under His care. As I have shared before, one day I was outside and suddenly a huge shadow came over me. As I looked up, I saw an eagle flying above me. That experience made me realize how awesome it is for us to be under the care of Almighty God. If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us; and if our God is with us, what can stand against us? Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God You are higher than any other.

 

When Jesus comes back to earth to reign as King for a thousand years, there will be a new Temple for Israel to worship in located in Jerusalem. The Islamic Dome will be no more. The Temple will be a holy place where only Jesus Christ is worshiped, not idols. He will establish a new kingdom of love, then.

And He said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and My holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places. (Ezekiel 43:7)

Is Jesus your Lord and Savior? Are we going to Him daily for instructions on how He wants us to spend our day? Jesus is always walking with us, but are we walking with Him? Genesis 6 tells us that Noah walked with God. Even among a perverse and evil generation, Noah chose to live uprightly before God. Because of that, God chose Noah and his family to be saved from the flood. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Let's stay close to God, even in the marketplace and on the job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment