Monday, June 14, 2021

Dry Bones and Dry Spirits Can Live!

O. T. #1962  "Dry Bones and Dry Spirits Can Live!"

June 14, 2021

Summary of Ezekiel-Part 8

And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish Thou the work of our hands upon us: yea, the work of our hands establish Thou it. (Ps.90:17)

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Ps. 91:1)

The Lord's beauty implies His delight, approval, and favor. By God's mercy and grace, one's life can have value, significance, and meaning. (MacArthur)

As a baby bird takes refuge under the wings of its parent, the believer who lives under the cover of God's covenant finds safety.

Because our days are numbered, we want our work to count, to be effective and productive for kingdom work. If we feel dissatisfied with this life, we need to remember our desire to see our work established is placed there by God. Are we applying ourselves to loving and serving God?

Looking at Ezekiel 36, we find:

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (verse 26)

And He said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, Thou knowest. And again He said unto me, Prophesy upon these boned, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the Word of the LORD. (37:3-4)

First there was bone to bone clinking, then sinews, flesh, and skin covering them, and finally breath. What a unique vision and privilege for this prophet.

This vision Ezekiel had illustrated the new life and nation of Israel that was restored, both physically and spiritually. Those dry bones referred to  hopeless Jews in captivity, those scattered, and those dead. so it is with us when we have a dry spirit, feeling hopeless. God can restore us when we pray for renewal instead of giving up. His Spirit can bring us new life into our dry hopelessness and dead churches. God is always at work calling His people back to Himself.

So, will we keep praying, keep surrendering?

I raise up hallelujah, and watch the darkness flee; I'm going to sing in the middle of the storm, louder and louder, You will hear my praises. I raise up hallelujah.

Amen! I can't get over what You have done for me, Jesus! Breath of life, beating heart, no breast cancer; how awesome You are!!

Fill us with Your joy for life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment