Monday, August 5, 2019

Who Wants to be Fat? Me!

O. T. #1497  "Who Wants to be Fat? Me!"
August 5, 2019
Proverbs 28-Part 2
He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.  Proverbs 28:25

LET IT GLOW

I admit it-I have gained 20 pounds in the last few years. However, I was not satisfied with my body being overweight, so I lost 10 pounds. I can get back into my old clothes, but still, I don't feel as good carrying around a 10 pound of potatoes or flour. I know what to do, just haven't yet. And this scriptures says to trust in the Lord and be made fat? Really?

Do I want to be made fat spiritually, not physically? Fat with faith-that sounds better. Do we need reminded to put our trust in Jesus and not in things? I think every now and then we all do. But do I want to be made fat? We will after we understand what that means.

In the Hebrew language, fat means to satisfy; accept; to remove (fat) ashes (of sacrifices).

How do we apply this? When we trust in the LORD, we will be:
  • satisfied; Jesus will supply whatever we need, whether it be healing, a job, relationships mended, wisdom.
  • accepted; No matter our failings or wrong turns, Jesus is always watching us and waiting for us to return in repentance.
  • cleansed; After the animal is burnt on the altar as a sacrifice, the fat is cooked out of it, ashes  remain from the fire, then all is clean for another sacrifice.  How precious Jesus is to be our sacrifice for our sins. We can come to Him time and again and He is faithful to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We just repent wholeheartedly.
Are we committing our cause to the Lord, depending upon Him? Are we fat with God's grace? Are we content living by faith?

The one whose trust is in the Lord will be richly rewarded (Matthew 6:19-34). Please take time to read those verses, for you will be blessed and be made fat.

LET IT GROW

On the other hand, look at the first part of our key verse-He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife.

A proud heart is conceited, looks with contempt on others, can't bear competition or contradiction. He stirs up strife, making mischief and disturbance for himself and others. (Matthew Henry)

Which way do we want to live?
Walk in His light and enjoy today.

LET IT GO

Jesus, cleanse my soul, accept me and satisfy me with You.
Make me fat-spiritually, that is.
Fat in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment