Monday, December 4, 2023

How Big is Your Faith?

Dec. 5, 2023

"How Big is Your Faith?"


LET IT GLOW

Our God is an Awesome God. I will share how He came through for me again. Thursday I had a colonoscopy because of my Crohn's. I was concerned about going through the ordeal this year. Already, I was anemic and doubling up on iron pills, but had to stop taking it a week before the test. Another thing, I had the runs ahead of the test, which made we weak. Plus, walking a lot on my left foot after fracturing it in August makes it hurt. And then there was the issue of having problems getting my nausea meds before starting the prep. So you can see my apprehension. 

I kept praying that I would get the meds needed because previously I had dehydrated and spent the night in the hospital. I made 3 calls to the doctor's office and nurse. Then I got a call from the pharmacy 10 minutes before I was to start drinking the prep. Was God testing my faith? He came through in the nick of time for me. Although, I had to drive to the pharmacy by that time since my husband had already left for Bible study. Ugh!

So survived the prep drink. My pharmacist called it my party box. Nothing about it was a party. Sure, a 1 person party-get out of my way.

The gastroenterologist removed 6 polyps and 5 other biopsies. (They could develop into cancer if not removed.) To my surprise, an upper GI was ordered, too. That resulted in a sore throat for a few days. My problem happened after returning home. After a short while it began-bleeding. The doctor warned me if bleeding continued into the night, then I was to go to the ER and surgery would have to be done in order to remove the one bleeding spot. (He had to put a clip on it during the process.) During this long afternoon and evening, I kept praying for the bleeding to stop, but it didn't. By the time I went to bed, I was weak and worn out. I needed a good night sleep before surgery. (We know the hospital is not a place to sleep.).

Finally, in my desperation, I reached up to touch the robe of the royal robe of Jesus sitting on His throne. I recalled the woman with the 12-year issue of blood which Jesus healed. I was begging for healing and crumbs from the Master's table. He heard my cry and the bleeding stopped. How merciful is our God!

LET IT GROW

I am not saying God heals every sickness. It is His decision and His timing. I was willing to have surgery if that was how God wanted to heal me. I believed He had the power to heal. Jesus told the woman was her great faith that made her whole. (Matthew 9:20)

It may take a while for the pain to subside, but that is a little thing compared to what I went through.

Dear one, how big is your faith? Is it the size of a tiny mustard seed? That is all you need to encounter Jesus. I want to have great faith. How about you?

Is there a need you need met? Ask Jesus. Trust His decision and timing.


LET IT GO 

Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness, my God-that is who You are!

Christ is the Lord! Praise His name forever!

I worship You.

God, You are still the same God forever-loving and merciful, forgiving, kind.

Ain't nobody love us like Jesus!

To You be the glory forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment