Saturday, August 19, 2023

Hope For Us

 N. T. #133

August 21, 2023

Matthew 12-Part 7

LET IT GLOW 

Jesus fulfilled Isaiah 42:1-4 in the verses found here in Matthew 12:18-21  

God is speaking of Jesus:

  • His servant
  • Chosen
  • Beloved
  • Well pleasing to God
  • Has Holy Spirit
  • Shows judgment to Gentiles.

Doesn’t that sound like our Savior! This verse in Isaiah written about 700 years earlier, describes Jesus. It is the longest quote from the Old Testament in Matthew’s Gospel  Indeed, Jesus was a chosen Servant, endowed with the Holy Spirit, and well-pleasing to the Father.

Are you a believer in Jesus?

LET IT GROW 

In the other 3 verses, we read of the mission of the chosen Servant:

  • well-pleasing to God (v  18)
  • accomplished through proclamation (v  18)
  • free from quarreling or crying out (v  19)
  • without Rufus or rioting (v  19)
  • considerate of the weak and vulnerable (v 20)
  • focused on the goal of justice (v  20)
Israel rejected Jesus as their Messiah  So He would proclaim justice or righteousness to us Gentiles and those before us (and to follow us). We have hope in Jesus  Hope of eternal heaven with Jesus and the saints. Many Gentiles trusted in Jesus as their Savior. 
By trying to destroy Jesus’ mission, the Pharisees were in fact promoting it! 

Matthew wrote this in AD 60’s. How many people have gone to heaven since then by trusting in Jesus, I wonder  
Friend, will you be joining me there one day as we fall on our knees, bowing in worship of the Savior/Messiah? You can by believing in Jesus as you Savior and the only way to heaven provided by God  Ask Him and Jesus will come into your heart  Ask His forgiveness of your sins and He will.

LET IT GO
My hope is in You Lord Jesus.
Thank You for enduring the criticisms and temptations to zap those Pharisees..
What a loving Savior!
*I hope you will endure with me the next few weeks  I fell and fractured slightly my ankle. So I am writing this in my phone, not computer  Hopefully there will be relief of pain coming after seeing an orthopedic doctor on Friday  
So I may not feel like posting every day, but will try  
Please pray for a speedy recovery. Thanks.
Hoping in Jesus,
Linda


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, my friend. Hoping the pain lessens and you get some relief. I so appreicate your faithfulness to this blog and how in depth is the study that you have created.
    Many prayers and much love.
    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much my friend. Healing will come in time.

      Delete