Thursday, November 11, 2021

Help is on The Way

O. T. #2065  "Help is on The Way"

Nov. 11, 2021

Hosea 13-Part 5

O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself, but in Me is thine help. (verse 9)

LET IT GLOW

As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children.

(Psalm 103:15-17)

When you get my age  you thank God for each day of life He has blessed us with. It is because the days of our lives is like a flower that blooms for a moment and then withers and vanishes away.

Today, Mom would have been 99. I realize how short life is. She has been gone 24 years now, but living her everlasting life with Jesus, Dad, and her family. Next year my family needs to come together and celebrate their 100 years.

In contrast, the merciful love of the LORD is forever and eternal upon those that love Him. Even upon our children and grandchildren it is bestowed. It boggles my mind when I try to consider a forever life in heaven.

Are you going to be there with me, dear one? Look me up when you get there. I so much want sit down with you and hear your life's story and what Jesus did for you.

LET IT GROW

Now let's look at our key verse. The fall of Israel was brought on my herself. She turned away from Jehovah as her God to idols that were nothing. She could not rightful blame God for her destruction, loss of treasures, and taken away into slavery by the Assyrians.

We are each responsible for our own actions and condition we are in now. However, there is help available. We can get help (to surround, protect, aid) from our God.

We must humble our self before Him, look to God's Word, and believe He is the source of our strength and sustenance. (Tony Evans)

Otherwise, there is no telling what God may have to do to prove that you have no help but Him.

Here are some encouraging words from the Psalms:

Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our help and our shield. (33:20)

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (46:1)

But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: Thou art my help and deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying. (70:5)

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. (121:1-2)

Are you in need of some help today? Pray.

*Let us remember our veterans, our service men and women, and their families today.

 

LET IT GO

Thank You, God for letting us live in a free country today.

Please bless and protect our service people, past and present, and their families.

Praise to the God of our strength and help.

Please hear the prayers of those who need Your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment