Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Refuse To...

Hebrews 11-Part 16
By faith, Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.  Hebrews 11:24-26

Review:
Moses was:
  • the third born child of Amram and Jochebed, of the Levite tribe,
  • was spared from death when the Pharoah's daughter pulled him out of the water,
  • adopted by that princessess,
  • indoctrinated by his mother, a Hebrew, who taught Moses about God,
  • highly educated, of noble rank, pure in character, saved by faith alone,
  • watching his people, his family work hard as slaves, be mistreated, some killed.

LET IT GLOW
I can't even recall what Mom told me to do, since it's been over 50 years, but I didn't do it. The reason I know that I didn't do it, was I ran away from her, outside. I never knew Mom could run, but that day I found out she could. By the time I got to the tall pinetree, which I was going to climb, she cought me. I got a deserved spanking that day, and learned my leason-do what your mother tells you to do.
My refusal was different from Moses. Mine was out of rebellion, his was following God, refusing to be called the Pharoah's son. Let's take a step closer to the story.

There were significant decisions that separated Moses from his Egyptian peers and nobel family:
  1. His decision to refuse to be called the son of the Pharoah's daughter wasn't made in haste by a man who dreamed of being great; he was already a great man in a great position. Neither was it made in ignorance or on the crest of emotion. He wrestled with the choice of living for the temporal, fleshly life or the spiritual life with eternal reprocussions.
Refused means "denied;" choosing means "to take oneself a position;" considering means "to think before hand."
Moses made the choice and thought ahead. he could have been the next Pharoah in Egypt, but he choose not to. Insstead, he choose to follow God. Do I make a choice to follow God before a specific situation  arises? Am I prepared to seize the opportunity to witness for Jesus before the opportunity arises?
      
       2. Moses chose to suffer affiction with his people instead of enjoy the pleasures of sin for a
           season. What happened in Exodus 2 was that Moses killed an Egyptian for smitting a Hebrew,
           then Moses hid him in ther sand. This act was seen by other Egyptians, so Moses was afraid to
           face Pharoah.
[Reference: Hebrews, Volume II, a Bible Study Guide by Charles Swindoll]

I'm a daughter of the King, King Jesus. My inheritance is an eternal one-heaven. As the King's child, I'm assured protection and provision. I'm educated by the Creator, using His Holy Word as my textbook. My Father and Teacher know every detail of everything and how they work. He also controls all happenings in His kingdom. As I submit to my King Jesus, I become a mighty warrior, since He's the Captiain of the Lord's army. He gives the orders.

Do I act like the King's daughter? Do I take advantage of knowing the King personally?

Am I alert to opportunities that come my way?
" God guides us and leads us by opportunities. He will equip us to do what the opportunity presents. Ask Jesus to give us opportunities to witness for Him. Some opportunities may be difficult, have hinderances, but don't quit. Let no excuse keep you from Jesus," said Charles Stanley.

Do I seize the opportunities to witness for my Jesus? Moses fled to the land of Midian, to escape the Pharoah. Do I flee from chances to stand up for Jesus?

LET IT GROW

Moses esteemed the reproach of Christ greaater riches than the treasures in Egypt. He knew his reward was greater in heaven than any treasures he could have in Egypt. Remember, the Egyptians were the richest society on earth at that time in history.

Am I willing to give up treasures on earth, things, money, prestege, power, in exchange for serving my Savior Jesus Christ to the fullest of His will?

LET IT GO
Let go of all the riches on earth to serve, worship, and live for my Savior, Jesus.

Refuse to walk in the world's steps, but walk in Jesus' footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment