Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Suffering and Refinement

O. T. #2326 "Suffering and Refinement"

Nov. 22, 2022

Zechariah 13-Part 3

LET IT GLOW

Yesterday, I spent 3 hours in the dentist chair, getting a temporary crown on a tooth that has two places cracked in the enamel. It was a struggle, taking 4 shots to deaden the spot. I chewed on my jaw skin and it is sore. I had to take a nap when I got home. Wow, how sore it is today! But that is a small thing in comparison to what the 4 families of the students in Idaho are going through, having their loved one murdered. Please God give them strength, hold them close to you.

When it seemed that Israel had turned against God through their history, there has been a righteous remnant who still trusted and followed God. Those believers were refined like gold and silver through the fire of difficult circumstances and the furnace of affliction. They experienced it in Egypt and Babylon. The time of Jacob's trouble will be the most difficult furnace to endure. 

As the goldsmith refines gold and silver to remove the impurities, so will the tribulation to come in the last days will accomplish for Israel. Are we in need of refinement today?

LET IT GROW

How does this apply to us? The church has defiled people who need to repent of sins, be cleansed, and turn from their wicked ways. (1 John 1:9) When we do, then the Lord will cleanse and bless the church, bringing healing to our land.

Does God have to put us through the furnace of suffering before we call on Him and seek His face? (Heb. 12:3-11)

... they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. (verse 9b)

We are to obey God no matter what the rest of the world does. Also, let the trial and troubles purify our hearts. Determine to be a part of the remnant that is faithful to God. 

LET IT GO

Where is God? Look up. He is in control even in our suffering.

Everything is going to be all right.

God is faithful and true to His Word. 

He's got the whole world in His hands. He's got you and me, brother and sister, in His hands.

Keep us close to You, Father. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment