Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Benefits and Abundance

O. T. #1688  "Benefits and Abundance"
May 12, 2020
Isaiah 55
Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. (verse 6)


LET IT GLOW

What  benefits are there for those who come to Jesus for salvation?
  • If any are spiritually thirsty, come and drink from the Living Water. The Jews rejected Jesus as the fountain of living waters. In John 4:14, Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well that whoever drinks from Him will never thirst again. He gave her living water, for eternally.
  • It is obtained without money and not price, which means salvation is free to us. Jesus' redemptive work provides us with benefits.
  • We receive free milk and wine, which symbolize abundance. Jesus gives us abundant life.
  • From Jesus, we can eat of the finest food and what is good. We will eat not from the bread of deceit, but from the Bread of Life (Jesus).
  • Our soul will be delighted as it become fat as we feast on the Word of God (John 6).
  • When we come to Jesus with our open ears to hear what He has to say to us, then we will find life.
  • God will make an everlasting covenant with us.
  • We will obtain unfailing love as David did.
Wow! Are you overwhelmed today, dear one? Come to Jesus and He will fill your soul with what you need. May we keep coming to Him for our thirsty and hungry soul needs. Jesus will help us hold on, just another day.

LET IT GROW

Read our key verse above.

Salvation grace and mercy are available to the soul that is willing to seek the Lord and call on Him while He is still available. (MacArthur)

God's invitation to the sinner is open when He is near, but the sinner may come only when he is called. God elects us as His child, then He calls us to believe in Christ for salvation. All we do is believe in Him as Savior. We must not presume upon the grace of God always being available. He convicts us only a few times, if we reject Him, then His Spirit leaves.
When the wicked repents, God promises mercy and abundantly pardon.

Have you called upon Jesus, my friend? Do not wait when He calls you to salvation.

Let me share my personal experience. When I was a young teen, I went to VBS with my friends. I felt the Spirit speaking to me when the teacher shared the gospel with us. I was too embarrassed to pray the prayer of salvation. Then a few years later, I realized that I wasn't going to heaven when a 16 year old friend died in a car wreck.  In my bedroom one night, I didn't know the proper words, but God saved me. How grateful I am that He did not turn from me as I did Him earlier. I am just sorry that it took the death of a young man to bring me to Jesus.

LET IT GO
Jesus, You are my abundant life and abundant pardon.
You are satisfy my thirsty soul and hungry soul with Your Word and Your love.
I need You everyday.
Use me to bring others to Your salvation well.

No comments:

Post a Comment