Thursday, May 7, 2020

Ashamed

O. T. #1685  "Ashamed"
May 7, 2020
Isaiah 54-Part 3
Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt not forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. (verse 4)

LET IT GLOW

How is it going, friend? Our governor has allowed barber shops and hair salons to open today. Guess where I am sending my husband.

In our key verse, we read of several promises from God, which applies to both Israel and us:
  • Fear not. Have you been afraid to go out of your house with the coronavirus out there? Don't be afraid dear child of God; trust Him.
  • You will no longer live in ashamed. Webster's Dictionary defines ashamed as feeling shame, guilt, disgraced, inferior or unworthy.
  • Neither be confounded, which refers to wound; but only figuratively to taunt or insult; hurt; put to shame.
  • You will not be put to shame, which means to blush; bring reproach.
  • You will no longer remember the shame (the feeling and the condition, as well as its cause) of your youth.
  • You will not remember the reproach (disgrace; rebuke; reproach; shame) of widowhood.
Israel's sins brought on the Egyptian captivity and the Babylonian exile, and her current dispersion, but the glories of the future kingdom will be so great that they will overshadow past failures. (MacArthur)

I have experienced the feelings of shame, guilt, disgrace, insults, hurt, and being wounded from my past sins and actions. However, this verse reminds me that I am not to remember all of that when it is all covered with the blood of Jesus after I have confessed it all. Then I should not feel inferior or unworthy, nor even blush. I am a child of the King, King Jesus. He loves me with an everlasting love.


LET IT GROW

Now read verse 3. After their 70 years of captivity, God told Israel to extend the area of their of their dwellings, he explains why. They will be soon be bursting at the seams. Their descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities (after they return to Jerusalem). We know that happened for a while, but later, the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple again. Then, in 1948, Israel was united and recognized as a nation.

Here's the thing-We are in the church age and we should be thinking outside the walls of the church building. People need Christ and the hope He gives. They need forgiveness and love.

LET IT GO

In Christ alone, my hope is found. I am His and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ. Jesus command my destiny. Nothing can pluck us from Your hand. Til You return or call me home, here in the power of Christ I stand.

*Praying for our nation and leaders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment