Friday, March 27, 2020

Old Age

O. T. #1657 "Old Age"
March 27, 2020
Isaiah 46
And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. (verse 4)

LET IT GLOW

Getting old isn't for the weak ones. Do I hear an amen? Our body begins to wear down and out, our memory fades, and we slow down due to energy gone. And our body's looks have either enlarged, sags, or is gray/white on top. But we can take heart, friend, we are not in this alone. Let's make the most of the time we have left.
We can share how God has been faithful to us throughout our years. Our younger generation needs to hear it, especially now. Through the hard or bad times, God has not left us, nor will He today in this storm. Will you share with us, too?

Our God created us and cares for us. His love is so enduring that He will care for us throughout our lifetime and even through death. (Life Application Study Bible)

Israel was going to be tempted to waver between the Lord God and pagan gods while they were in Babylon for 70 years. So He gave Isaiah these encouraging words (and us). Are we tempted to turn to our bank account or savings or government during this had time?  We must turn to God first. He has a plan and a purpose for this virus. I pray it is to bring our nation to repentance and we heed it. So when we are tempted to pursue anything other than God, for comfort, peace, or security, much less pleasures, we must remember our commitment to God.

What are some promises that our loving God gives to us in our key verse?
  • He is God even in our old age.
  • He is God even when our hairs are hoary (gray).
Now I find comfort in that. How about you?
There are several verses on this matter of old age-Ps.71:18, 37:25,92:14; Prov. 17:6,16:31)

Lest we think we cannot be useful to God in our old age, senior years, think of Zacharias and Elisabeth, who were John the Baptist's parents, Moses and Aaron, Paul, Daniel, Isaiah, and Jeremiah. They were definitely used by God. So can you and I, dear one.

LET IT GROW

What does God say He will do for us in this verse?
  • He will carry (reflex, strong to labor) you and me.
  • He has made (to do or make) you and me.
  • He will bear (forgive, hold up, pardon, raise up, spare) you and me.
  • He will deliver (release, rescue, preserve, save) you and me.
God says He will carry us through this financial crunch.
He has made us.
Because He is God, He is able to spare us and pardon our sins.
Therefore, God can deliver us from the coronavirus  and preserve our life. Right?

So, child of God, let us not worry about tomorrow. We must be smart and do what we can to keep our self safe by staying inside and disinfecting our domain. We have a choice-praise and thank our God or grumble 

LET IT GO
God is able and can deliver us from this deadly virus.
But if He does not do so, He has been faithful to me and my hope is in You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment