Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Who is the Holy Spirit?

N. T. #17 "Who is the Holy Spirit?"

March 1, 2023

Matthew 3-Part 6

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but He that cometh after me is mighter than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire. (verse 11)

LET IT GLOW

Look at the humility of John the Baptist in verse 11. John admits that someone who is coming (Jesus) is mighter than he is; John says he is not even worthy to be His slave and carry His sandals. God did a work in this man's heart, for it takes humility to admit someone is greater than we are, right? 

John's declaration corresponds to the promise of the prophets (Ezek. 36:27; Joel 2:28), and the confirmation of Jesus (John 14:16; 15:26; Acts 1:4-5), and the fulfillment in the early church (Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-45). [The Tony Evans Bible Commentary]

Jesus said He was sending a Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who testifies of Jesus. 

Look at what the LORD God said to Ezekiel: A new heart also will I give you, and a new Spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statues, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them. (36:26)

Folks, isn't that what we need today in our churches? We need to submit to confess our sins, have a new heart, and submit to God's Spirit. Then we will be able to walk in His Work and do it. What a blessed church to attend it will be!

LET IT GROW

John the Baptist says that his baptizing symbolizes a personal cleansing of repentance on the part of a believer. The difference between John's baptizing and Jesus' baptizing is that John's baptizing was with water and Jesus' baptizes with the Holy Spirit. 

The triune God is one God in 3 persons. The person at work on earth today is the Holy Spirit. We need a relationship with the Holy Spirit, who provides a relationship with the Son, who provides a relationship with the Father. 

Similarly, I am a wife, mother, and daughter, yet I am one person. When we put it in perspective, it is easier to understand the trinity of God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 

Friend, have you followed Jesus in baptism? Have you been saved, trusted Jesus as your Savior? Simply ask Him, admitting you are a sinner. How wonder it is to walk with Jesus daily!

LET IT GO

Thank you, Jesus, for allowing us to be Your servant.

May You receive glory, honor, and praise. 

How great and awesome You are!

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment