Monday, September 12, 2022

Keeping Silent

O. T. #2277  "Keeping Silent"

Sept. 12, 2022

Zechariah 1-Part 2

Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for He is raised up out of His holy habitation. ((verse 13)

LET IT GLOW

Do you find it hard to make time to be silent before the Lord? I know that I certainly did when I was working. A two-paragraph in the morning sustained me, so I though. But God wants more-more of you and more of me. And so much of my prayer time is asking from Him. Being silent is a hard thing to do while we surrounded by so much noise, and so may demands on us. Right?

Silent means to hush; hold peace (tongue); still.

In view of the revelation of God's program, the only fitting response is silent subjection to the LORD. Our only fitting response is silent subjection to the LORD.(Falwell)

Are there conditions requiring you to be still? Some of the greatest works in His kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for God's way in the midst of these very circumstances. Limitations can be liberating when our strongest desire is living close to Jesus. Although we may feel cut off from the activity of the world, our quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms. (Sarah Young)

And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. (2 Cor. 12:9)

The strength and power of Jesus show themselves most effective in weakness. So if you are homebound or have a disease like me that puts you down often, may we learn to be still and silent before the Lord to hear what He has to say to us, friend.

LET IT GROW

Look at our key verse. What does Jesus say in the last part? He is raised out of His holy habitation. Where is the holy habitation of Jesus right now? He is in Heaven, His dwelling place. 

One day He will rise up, not in the sense of rising from sleep, but in the sense of a lion or a bear that has been aroused from its den. Jesus will embark upon His plan, the enemies of Israel will be no more, and the Gentiles will be drawn close in fellowship with God.

Jerusalem will be expanded, grow, be in perfect safety, for Jehovah will be a wall of fire around them. Jesus will reign in His city, Jerusalem, as King. 

LET IT GO

What a day that will be, when my Jesus I will see.

In the meantime, keep silent before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment