Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Choices

O.T. 16 "Choices"    April 2, 2013
Genesis 3-Part 2
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children: and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Genesis 3:16 KJV

LET IT GLOW

Choices. We make thousands of them each day, it seems. We choose what to do with our time, where we will go, what we will do, with whom we will go and do, not to do, not to go. How many of us awaken to prayer the first thing of the day before jumping out of bed and running into the day of do's and don'ts and choices? How much time do we spend quietly before the Lord Jesus in listening to His Word speak to us? Then how many of us apply that Word throughout the day?(I'm asking myself, too.) Do I jump in the car and leave His Word behind, at home on my desk, or take it with me in my heart?
Wise Choices-Do I resist temptations to think on the wrong things, on judging others, on my agenda?
Wrong Choices-Do I take a bite of that forbidden fruit, not thinking of the consequences?
Am I using the Word to resist sinning? Just how much am I willing to sacrifice in order to live a Spirit controlled life?
God gives us choices to make. We are not robots. How we make them will determine our rewards in heaven.

Things to ponder, to consider-Am I giving my best and my all to Christ today? Do I detour from His agenda for me today? Am I willing to detour when He leads in a different direction?

What about Eve? From a woman's perspective:
  • she was alone when tempted;
  • she was Adam's wife, he ruled over her; (verse 20) her desire would be against her husband and his leadership;
  • she was called the mother of all living; (What a responsibility!) verse 20
  • her home was changed, had to move out of the royal Garden; (verse 23)
  • made the first mistake, was the first one to sin; (verse 6) she gave birth to sin in the human race and genetically passes it on to all her children (MacArthur);
  • sewed the first apron, from fig leaves; (verse 7)
  • wore the first fur coat or wool sweater (verse 21)
  • saw her husband having to work for his food for the first time.

LET IT GROW

Eve made some wrong choices-to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and to give it to her husband to eat. Her reputation lives on. She is only mentioned three other times in the Bible-Genesis 4:1, where she conceives Cain; 1 Corinthians 11:3 tells about her being deceived by the serpent; 1 Timothy 2:13 says Adam was first formed, then Eve.

What am I going to be known for after I leave this world? How about you, friend?
Will others talk about our walking by faith?

Sorrow, in verse 16 is used two times. They are translated from two different Hebrew words:
itstsabown, (its-tsaw-vone') means worrisomeness; labor or pain, toil; etseb (eh'tseb), means an earthen vessel, painful, toil, pang (whether of body or mind), labor. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

Verse 16 in NIV says To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

Isn't it painful to raise children? They hurt you, leave you, forget you as their mother; but a mother's love should never forsake her children. Are we faithful to pray for our children after they leave home?

LET IT GO

Don't yield to temptation, resist.

Submit to my husband and honor the Lord.

Love my husband and children.

Pray for them.
   



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment