Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Wedding Dress

O. T. #1708  "My Wedding Dress"
June 9, 2020
Isaiah 61-Part 4
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
(verse 10)

LET IT GLOW

Ladies, did you as a bride wear a special wedding dress-garment? Did you adorn yourself with jewels?
I recall spending a week with my sister in the summer before our wedding looking for that one dress in Houston. It had crocheting on the upper part and netting for the flowing part and long sleeves. I didn't want a train, for it was too fancy for this country gal.  My husband wore a brown suit that he specially bought. The only jewelry I wore was a simple necklace he gave to me, shaped like a heart. We were simple folks with hearts filled with the joy of love. (Although, our parents were not excited for us, since I was only 18 and he was 19.) But that love has lasted almost 48 years. We are looking for the golden anniversary to celebrate soon.

Read our key verse above. Here are some questions dealing with it:
  • Are we greatly rejoicing in the LORD Jesus today?
  • Is our soul joyful in our God?
  • Is our soul clothed with the garments of salvation that Jesus has provided?
  • Are we covered with a robe of righteousness from Him?
The English translation of I will greatly rejoice, is rejoicing I will rejoice.
After enumerating the many blessings of God upon His people, the chapter concludes with an exuberant and joyous song of praise to Jehovah. It is an inner joy that comes from the soul. (Falwell)

If you cannot rejoice today, perhaps you do not know Jesus as your Savior, friend. Simply ask Him to forgive your sins, come into your heart, and be your Savior.
If you already have done so, then are you rejoicing in Jesus?

LET IT GROW

What do we read in the last part of verse 11? So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Is the joy of the Lord your strength? Do we thank Him for the little things that He provides?

LET IT GO

I greatly rejoice in You today, King Jesus!
Your grace is greater than all my sin.
Peace be still. Comfort and strengthen everyone who reads this.
Let faith rise up in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment