Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Trust

O. T. #1521  "Trust"
September 11, 2019
Summary of Proverbs-Part 9

Today is a day of remembrance of those who sacrificed their lives in order to help those in need after the evil ones attacked America's Twin Towers 18 years ago-8 EMT's/Paramedics, 60 Police Officers, 343 Firefighters, and 2997 Civilians, and those on Flight 93.


Well folks, this is where I am. Yesterday I had a melt down. So many attacks were coming at me from all directions-family, friends, workers. It was more than I could handle. I closed the door at work and sobbed alone right there in front of the computer. I was at the end of my rope and needed help. Then, I kept repeating the verse, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I needed a hug of reassurance that I was loved. Then I heard my friend talking out front. So I wiped my eyes, blew my nose, and went though the open door for a hug, since she always had one for me. I got it,  too. Jesus sent her my way, just at the right time. We talked and laughed a few minutes, and she went on her way. My friend had no ideal that she was Jesus in flesh for me at my moment of need. Last night I texted her and thanked her for support. Do you trust Jesus to meet your needs?

Did you know there are only 6 verses in Proverbs which have the word trust in them? Four of them use the same Hebrew word, batch (baw-takh"), which means to hie (hasten, go quickly) for refuge; be confident or sure; (make to) hope. 

 Let's take a look at them:
  1. Proverbs 3:5-Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
  2. Proverbs 28:25-He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat. (richly rewarded)
  3. Proverbs 29:25-The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
  4. Proverbs 31:11-The heart of her husband doeth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Is Jesus our refuge in time of need? Do we run to Him first? Are we confident in Him with all our heart? We may not understand our situation, but our hope is put in Jesus that He will direct us. Hold onto the thought that He is ready and able to richly reward us in His time and way. Dear one, He has got this, my friend. Let Jesus be our refuge and be safe in Him today.

The other two verses are:
  1. Proverbs 22:19-That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. The Hebrew word for trust is a different word, but means the same as above.
  2. Proverbs 30:5-Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Again, a different Hebrew word is used here, but means the same.
Is Jesus our hope and shield? Are we trusting in Him today?



No comments:

Post a Comment