Monday, September 9, 2019

How to Treat Our Enemies

O. T. #1519 "How to Treat Our Enemies"
September 9, 2019
Summary of Proverbs-Part 7


Have any enemies? It seems like a strong word to use to describe people, doesn't it? Well, it might depend on what the word means.
Webster's Dictionary describes an enemy as one that is antagonistic (one that contends with or opposes another) to another; especially one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent; something harmful or deadly.

In that case, I have some enemies. Yes, there are some who oppose me and want to overthrow me. Down through the years I have had people upset at me for not showing favoritism. So what do I do about them?

Here are more words of wisdom for us to remember:
  • Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them. (24:1)
  • A house  is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense. (24:3)
  • It is wrong to show favoritism when passing judgment. (24:23)
  • Don't rejoice when your enemies fall; don't be happy when they stumble. For the LORD will be displeased with you and will turn His anger away from them. (24:17-18)
  • A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. (25:11)
  • If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them water to drink. You will heap burning coals of shame on their heads, and the LORD will reward you. (25:21-22)
I have learned to leave revenge to the Lord. Know what is sad?  He usually brings things on them worse than what I could ever do or think. It is my job to show them the love of Jesus and pray for their change of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment