Thursday, August 31, 2023

Idle Words

N. T. #140 “Idle Words”

August 31, 2023 

Matthew 12-Part 14

For I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account therefore in the day of judgement. (verse 36)

LET IT GLOW 

What we do is due to our heart. We act, behave, and do things because of what we are within.  

These last two weeks I have been a bear, since fracturing my ankle bone. Not only is the pain awful to put up with, but I get frustrated that I can’t do things as normal. I can’t carry a bowl of cereal with milk to the table. I have to ask hubby to do it for me and wait. Everyday things I do for myself and others is a challenge. So I say words that don’t normally come out of my mouth in frustration. I may as well settle on the couch being my new bed, night bed, and day bed. That is where I will be for 7 more weeks. 

It did help to feed my cats and kittens, then prop my leg up on the swing and watch them eat this morning. Finally, some are coming around, curious about the crutches. I can pet a few and play with others.  Sorry for venting and being late for posting.

There is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. (Ps. 139:4)

I am not proud of my words lately, Lord. Please forgive me. 

LET IT GROW 

Looking at our key verse above, idol means inactive; lazy. 

These words are unprofitable. They revel what is in our heart. 

Let all things be done unto edifying. (1Cor. 14:26)

Let it not be once named among you…neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting. ( Eph. 5:3-4)

So we need to watch our negative, unfruitful, and ineffective words. Be considerate to others. Look inside our heart.

LET IT GO

Help me hold my tongue and words today.

May I honor You Jesus with my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment