Saturday, August 26, 2023


August  25, 2023

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? The good news is I didn’t break my ankle and no surgery is needed. The bad news is I fractured my fibula bone , the small bone that connects to my ankle.  I will be wearing a boot 6-8 weeks. It could take 8-12 months before I can walk normal again. The black and blue bruised foot and swelling should leave in another week.

How this happened, I was tugging at a dead stick in a tree. When it came down, I lost my balance and fell backwards.. Trying to catch my balance, I turned, but stepped in a mole hole, apparently.  What a dumb thing to do in the first place. Now I am paying for it. 

So I am living in the couch day and night with an ice pack when the ankle hurts. Finally, I learned how to buckle the boot myself. I painted smiley faces on the straps so the black things were visible to Velcro secure. 

Hopefully, this explains why our study hasn’t been consistent this week. It has been so painful and difficult to sit up. I still can’t sit at the computer, so I am slowly typing this on my phone. 

My husband has been great. He has waited in me hand and foot:) I can fold clothes and load the dishwasher when sitting in my step stool. That’s about all. So we are managing. My desire is to be more consistent next week with the lessons  

You know, no matter the pain I go through, it doesn’t compare a smiggen to what Jesus went through on the cross, taking my place in order to pay for my sins.

How grateful I am! What a Savior! Isn’t He wonderful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment