Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Need Strength Today?

O. T. #2239 "Need Strength Today?"

July 20, 2022

Habukkuk 3-Part 6

LET IT GLOW

Who is not in need of strength today? We need strength to carry on, endure temptation, last through trials, overcome whatever is at our doorstep. God's strength can help us rise above our circumstances. 

In spite of the testing, the prophet remains firm in his resolve to rejoice in the LORD.; He is the God of our salvation. (verse 18) the same God who brings judgment also brings deliverance. He will see Habukkuk through the trials personally and the nation through its crisis until all of His purposes are ultimately fulfilled. (Liberty Bible Commentary)

Then in verse 19, he says, The LORD God is my strength. 

In the Hebrew language, the word strength means might; a force; power; valour. 

There are so many places in the Psalms which use strength, that I won't take time to count them. The word is used along with salvation, hope, righteousness, strength of my life and heart, rock of strength, and strength of His servant. 

My favorite verse tells us they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. Is our faith growing? Are we trusting Him in as we rise above our situation? As hard times economically try our patience, let God be our strength through it.


LET IT GROW

The second part of verse 19 says, He will make my feet like hinds' feet. 

The use of the word hinds' refers to a doe or female deer.

Have you ever seen a doe jump over a fence? Numerous times I have. Each time it is amazing. They look as though they glide over the obstacle. And the deer clear the fence by a foot at least. It doesn't matter if the deer have a run at the fence or are just standing beside the fence. Those back leg muscles are powerful and provide swiftness to run. Deer can run across rough and dnagerous terrain. 

So why do we worry? God is the answer to my problems and your problems. When He looks at our heart, does God see faith? He can provide us with strength to carry on, jump over those obstacles, rise above them, and run to Him.

We have 3 great assurances: God's grace, glory, and government. Our God is on the throne, so everything is under His control. He cven transforms us from a worrier to a watcher to being a worshipper. (Wiersbe)

When we do, then He will make me to walk upon mine high places. (verse 19c)

With God, anything is possible. Whatever happens to me, I'll praise the God who saves me because He is my strength. When you know God's character (who He is) and His works (what He has done), you'll know that you can trust Him-even in the dark. (Tony Evans)

God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. (Ps. 73:26b)

Is God your strength today? Are you asking Him strength and surefooted confidence in difficult times? God is working, although we may not see it at the time. He never has plan B.

LET IT GO

Help us rejoice in You, Lord Jesus.

May we rejoice in the God of our salvation.

Fill my cup, Lord, run it over.

Give me joy and peace, strength and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment