Friday, May 27, 2022

Keep Watching and Waiting

O. T. #2201  "Keep Watching and Waiting"

May 27, 2022

Micah 7

LET IT GLOW

Can we stay hopeful during harsh times? Micah tell us how, by watching, waiting, praying, and remembering. God hears our cries when our circumstances are overwhelming us. 

What does Micah have to teach us in this chapter?

1.Watching-The problem is with the people, not with God, who does not change. The good people have vanished in Israel. Good is the Hebrew word chasid, which means kind, merciful, pious, godly, or better, covenant loyalty.                                           

*Micah saw no grapes on the vines. (verse 1-2) No one walked uprightly before God, nor treated his fellow man uprightly in his day. It was as though they were bloodthirsty and cast nets like pursuing animals to kill others.                                               

 *Their officials and judges were skilled at doing evil and demanding bribes. (verse 3) God's watchmen, the prophets, predicted judgment; the day of visitation came as God punished the guilty using another nation. ((verse 4)                                  

*Don't trust your friend, spouse, children, parents. 

Your enemies are right in your own household! (verse 6, NLT)

In other words, the interpersonal relationships will be destroyed. How serious and bad things had gotten when family members turned against each other. 

Now is the time we need to be sharing Jesus with our family.

LET IT GROW 

2.Waiting-Look at verses 7-9. 

As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. (NLT)

King James calls Him the God of my salvation. Though things looked bleak for Micah, he looked to his God for hope. He waiting on God, too. Micah's confidence was (New Living Translation)

For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. I will be patient as the LORD punishes me, for I have sinned against Him. He will give me justice. I will see His righteousness. 

Verse 10 says, Then my enemies will see that the LORD is on my side. They will be ashamed that they taunted me.

Dear one, do not ever give up on God. He is faithful. He's got this. He will right the wrongs for us. Is Jesus your Risen Savior? Is He your light? Is He your Righteousness? Hold onto Jesus.


LET IT GO

Pray for our enemies and family.

Put back together, our broken hearts, Lord.

There's nothing better than You, Jesus!

We watch and wait for Your return, Sweet Jesus!

You alone are our hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment