Monday, March 4, 2019

Precious Babies

O. T. #1399  "Precious Babies"
March 4, 2019
Psalm 139-Part 3
I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Thy works, and that my soul knoweth right will.
Psalm 139:14

LET IT GLOW

3. God's Omnipotence (verses 13-18)

I am so thankful that you and I are here, alive. Aren't you glad our mothers considered us precious and wanted us, didn't have us killed and thrown into the garbage? I know that my birth must have been a surprise to my parents, for my brother is 7 years older than I am. but I was no surprise to my Creator. He had a purpose in forming me and you, also, dear one. When we hold a newborn baby, especially our own children and grandchildren, don't we stand in awe of our all-powerful God in His creation power? Besides that, we ooh and awe, maybe even goo-goo.

God is all-powerful, therefore, nothing is too difficult for Him to do. We recognize it in human life before birth. David considered it in the creation of the body in verses 13-18.
Liberty Bible Commentary teaches us:
  • God possesses our reins, as a seat of sensation and feeling, as well as that of desire and longing. (verse 13)
  • He covered us while we were in our mother's womb. Covered means properly to interweave; to weave; to knit together. Bones, tissue, and organs of the fetal unborn are under God's control.(verse 13)
  • God fearfully and wonderfully made us. Fearfully means to revere; reverence; wonderfully refers to distinguish; show marvelous; separate; set apart. (verse 14)
  • David knows that God's works are marvelous. (verse 13)
  • We were made in secret, but our substance was not hid from God. He wove together all our veins, muscles, nerves, etc. before people saw us. Now they have special machines that can take pictures of the baby in the womb. (verse 15)
  • As a fetus or embryonic mass, God's power wrapped us together and formed us into a life. In god's mind, He had a blueprint for our life clearly charted. Even when we were yet not formed, God had us written in His book. (verse 16)
  • God's thoughts and works in forming us are precious.
  • We cannot count He thoughts toward creation, for they are more than the number of grains of sand. (verses 17-18)
As Christians, we believe life begins at conception and each one is precious in God's sight. It does not begin at birth. Abortion is wrong, as it kills a human life. I say it is murder. Those making laws allowing such things should realize they will have to answer to God for participating in murder. That is how I feel and I will not apologize for it.

Let's share how precious babies are and they deserve to live, no matter the circumstances surrounding their conception.


LET IT GROW

Turn a different way with me and consider God's timing in the formation of a new life. His schedule is perfect, never early nor late. There is an appointed time for our birth and death. Trusting God's timetable brings us security between those two specific times of life.

Now is the acceptable time to respond to Jesus, whether it is for salvation or a specific calling. When He speaks, that is the time for us to respond in obedience. Are we listening?
Isaiah 61:1-2 gives us directions as to what He may be calling us to do.

LET IT GO

                               ... of my will and surrender to God's will for my life.
                               ... and give thanks to Him for creating and making me, flaws and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment