Thursday, January 10, 2019

"I"

O. T. #1364  "I"
Jan. 11, 2019
Psalm 119-Part 13
The earth, O LORD, is full of Thy mercy: teach me Thy statutes.  Ps. 119:64

LET IT GLOW

Stanza 8, verses 57-64

God's mercies are shown everywhere throughout the earth. David experienced His kindness (mercy). Israel experienced His mercy. Unbelievers experience His mercy. We experience His mercy. I think we can safely agree with David that the earth is full of God's mercy.
How has God shown you mercy? My family is experiencing mercy now.

LET IT GROW

How many "I" can you count in this stanza, which David said?
  • I have said that I would keep Thy words. (verse 57)
  • I entreated Thy favor with my whole heart. (verse 58)
  • I thought on my ways and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. (verse 59)
  • I made haste and delayed not to keep Thy commandments. (verse 60)
  • At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto Thee because of Thy righteous judgments. (verse 62)
  • I am companion of all them that fear Thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts. (verse 63)
David was sincere about obeying God. With great earnestness, humility, and supplication he wholeheartedly sought God's favor, according to the Hebrew expression. David's focus was upon God, not himself.

You will recall that Jesus said the greatest commandment was for us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Are we making haste to do so? Are we giving thanks to God when we are awake at midnight?

LET IT GO


Dwell upon some "I will's".

No comments:

Post a Comment