Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Fixed Faith

O. T. 1253 " Fixed Faith"
August 1,2018
Psalm 57
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.  Psalm 57: 7

LET IT GLOW 

Apparently this psalm was written when David fled from King Saul to the cave of Adullam. Saul and his men entered the cave. David had the opportunity to kill Saul but he chose not to do it.
Ok, confession time-I thought, "Here we go again. " So I asked God for something fresh for us today.

1. David was not just hid in a cave, but he was under the shadow the Mighty One who made the cave. His refuge was found in God when his enemies sought to kill David.
2. David was under the protection of God, like chicks under the hen's wings providing their protection.
3. God takes us under His wing for warmth and refreshment, even with calamities upon us.
4. Grace is our passport through our dangers and problems.
(Resource: Matthew Henry's Commentary)

God was not going to allow David to be destroyed. The purpose for David's life was for him to be king of Israel. This was to take place. God's will shall be accomplished whether we surrender to be used or not.
Are we taking shelter under the shadow of God's wing?

LET IT GROW

Take a look at our key verse above.
How many times did David tell God that his heart was fixed? Twice he said it.

Fixed is defined as standing perpendicular; to set up; prepare self; be made ready. 

With a prepared heart, ready to stand for God and do His will, David sang and praised God. He says so in verses 7 and 9.
Bring it on Saul. My faith is in Almighty God. Well, maybe that is a more modern way of putting it.

Is our confidence in God's love and faithfulness?
Will our heart be fixed today?
Will we sing and give God praise through whatever.

LET IT GO

My heart is fixed on You my God.
Great is Thy faithfulness unto me.
Prepare me to stand for You this day.
Be exalted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment