Monday, August 20, 2012

Childrens' Stories

588.  "Childdren's Stories"               August 20, 2012
2 Peter 1-Part 6
So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.  2 Peter 1:12  NIV

LET IT GLOW

Before I started writing this Bible study, I wrote some little children's stories. The main characters were my grandchildren; the setting was the farm on which I live. My purpose was to teach them some life lessons, honesty, helping and caring for others, doing the right thing. I don't expect the stories to be a classic as the Little House Series, but hopefully they will be reminded of me when the stories are read. Actually, they are not my stories, but their stories. Peter had  purposes in writing his two letters, also.

Warren Wiersbe says Peter had at least three motives for writing this letter:
First, Peter was obeying God's command. Jesus told Peter to "strengthen thy brethren" in Luke 22:32.
Second, Peter knew it was the right thing to do. Encouraging the saints and reminding them of the Word of God is always right.
Last, Peter wants them to have endeavor, diligence, which means to hasten to do somethilng, to be zealous in doing it. (verse 15)

And so, like Peter, I feel this is what God has me doing-strengthening my sisters and brothers in the faith using the internet to teach His Word. I pray that He will use my words for His glory and purposes; that they will be His Words going out around the world to those who need encouragement, instructions, understanding, and love of Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 4:11 says, Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God Himself were speaking through you.

Is God calling any of you to write or speak for Him in this generation and ones to come? Will you say yes to that call?

LET IT GROW

Peter wasn't concocting fables and myths in order to get people to follow him to increase his wealth, power, and prestige, as false teachers did. He wrote the truth of God as a genuine inspired writer. (MacArthur)

Peter was living in a tent, a temporary place, an earthly body, which decays and eventually gives out. His eternal home was in sight for his heavenly body, his destiny. So it is for us, dear ones.

Peter's readers already knew the Truth and were standing firm in the Truth. Before Peter died, he wanted to leave his friends in the faith more:
  • They have a new nature as saved believers in Jesus.
  • They have a new quality of life in Christ.
  • They have a foundation of their faith-Jesus Christ and His Word

The other day I heard a messaage by Charles Stanley. It was entitled The Promises of God. I thought you might like to have them:
  1. We are reconciled to God through Christ. (Rom. 5:6-11)
  2. We can have daily forgiveness of our sins. (1John 1:9)
  3. We have His continual presence in our life. (Heb. 13:5)
  4. We have the Holy Spirit. (John 14:6)
  5. We have His strength. (Is. 41:9-10)
  6. He will meet our daily needs. (Matt. 6:31-32)
  7. We can have answered prayer. (1John 5:14-15)
  8. The Lord daily bears our burdens. (Ps. 68:19)
  9. He comforts us when we are troubled. (2Cor. 1:3-4)
  10. He puts limitation on our trials. (1Cor.10:13)
Are we cashing in on our promises?

LET IT GO

Refresh my memory often of God's promises to me.

Trust His Word to be the Truth. Jesus is the Way, the Turth, and the Life.

Renew my mind daily in God's Word.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment