Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Celebrating 20 Years of Life

Celebrating 20 Years of Life

But I have spared you for a purpose-to show you My power and to spread My fame throughout the earth. (Exodus 9:16 NLT)

Today is a special day for me. It was 20 years ago that I was in the hospital as I had a hysterectomy. Everything went well during the surgery, so I went into a patient room. I recall being groggy, trying to wake up. A nurse told me about the morphine button for pain medication. I guess I was thinking she told me to push it, which was not true, so I did. Either I had too much in my body already or the medicine was not regulated correctly, anyway, it resulted in my stopping to breath.

Whenever my husband came in to see me, my lips were turning blue. He went out in the hall and yelled for help. A nurse rushed into my room, saw what was happening, and called for code blue. My family doctor and gynecologist came. They knew what to give me to counteract the morphine. Obviously it worked. Now I don't believe in coincidences. I believe the Lord had my help available at the right place and at the right time.

When I awoke, the medical team and family surrounded my bed. I was groaning  from the pain. I thought how privileged I was to have such a caring team.  The doctor said it was a beautiful sound to him, and that he could not give me anything for the pain yet. It was not beautiful to me.

So I thank God for extending my life that day, December 21, 2021. (Obviously, He was not through with me here on earth.) Now during that experience, I did not have an out-of-body experience. I was sleeping.

Had I died that day, there were so many things I would have missed out on. Mostly, my walk with Christ, having Him with me during trying times, rejoicing times, and not-understanding times. So today I thank God for life and breath. 

Friend, are you ready to go to your everlasting life? Will it be with Jesus or in darkness? Jesus came down to earth to live with mankind, and to become our sacrifice for our sins. Is He your Savior today?

Psalm 138:8 NLT says, The Lord will work His plans for my life-for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment