Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Suffering

  O. T. #1773 "Suffering "
Sept. 8, 2020
Jeremiah 20-Part2
Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for He hath
delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evil doers. 
(verse 13)


LET IT GLOW 

Even after being ridiculed, beaten 40 times, and put in stocks, as well as loosing his friends,
Jeremiah could sing and praise his LORD. We read it in verse 13 today. And we
think we have it bad in our life. I'm not saying that your situation and
my situation isn't difficult, nor do I take circumstances, testings, or
ridicules lightly, but have we ever really and truly suffered for our
faith in Jesus? Especially those of us living in America?
So, I have been made fun of for my conservative dressing, lifestyle, and
trying to follow Jesus, as well as teach the Truth; we have even been told
we need to leave a church, but no physical beatings have I endured. They
may have been emotionally painful, resulting in discouragement, however,
Jesus heals those wounds and picks me up and sets my feet on the solid
Rock, the Rock of Ages. In comparison to the sufferings Jesus endured for
us, ours is but a tiny speck.

How about you? Are you suffering for Jesus? Keep your faith growing
dear one. It will be worth it after all when we see our Lord face to face
one day. Consider all He endured so He could be our Savior.
In the meantime, let's sing praises to Jesus.

It is good that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes. 
Psalm 119:71

For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: He is to be feared 
above all gods. Psalm 96:4

The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. 
Psalm 118:14

I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him
with thanksgiving.  Psalm 69:30


LET IT GROW 

Read verses 8 and 9. For sure this Prophet was discouraged again.
How did he react to all he experienced?

Then I said, I will not make mention of Him, nor speak any more in 
His name. But His Word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up
in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. 

How did the Word of the LORD make Jeremiah feel?
It was a reproach (disappointment) and a derision (ridicule, mockery). 
(verse 8)

Jeremiah decided to not even mention God nor speak His name.
Was he low or what? Would he really turn his back on his
calling of God? Nope.

God's Word was in Jeremiah 's heart as a burning fire shut up in
his bones. His hear couldn't contain it. Jeremiah had to share it.
It was a strong raging fire inside of of him and Jeremiah had to
share God's Word. He had to continue on. No stopping now,
no returning home. His conscience accused him and his heart
condemned him.

And so Jeremiah continued to speak the prophetic words from
his God.
Paul and Silas sang praises to their God while in the dungeon.
(Acts 16)  Job really got down after loosing his children, wealth,
reputation, and respect in the community. But he never cursed
God. Although he was reprimanded by God, he passed his
testing. Then God restored all that Job had lost and then more.

Friend, we must keep the faith in our trying times. God is faithful.
God is good, all the time. Even if they slay me, I will praise Him.

LET IT GO
Sing to the Lord Jesus. 
Give thanks unto His name. 
His love endures forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment