Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Do You Need Rescued Today?

O. T. #1300  "Do You Need Rescued Today?"
Oct. 9, 2018
Psalm 91-Part 2
I will say unto the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
Psalm 91:2

LET IT GLOW

Do you need rescued, freed, or saved today? Is your life falling apart at the seams?  It is a cold world out there, full of selfish people. I don't pretend to have it all together, nor to have all the answers, but I know the One who does. Today's psalm helps us.

It is while in the secret place of the Most His God, where the psalmist is abiding under the shadow of the Almighty, that he says unto the Lord four things:
  1. You are my refuge-a shelter, hope, trust.
  2. You are my fortress-defense, strong hold, strong place;
  3. You are my God-Supreme God (Elohiym);
  4. I trust in You.

If you are like me, I am always in need of a refuge and fortress, a place where I can find hope and a place of defense. (This old world can easily get me down.)We find it in our God, the strength that we lack. Did you notice that the psalmist made it personal by using the word my?  God wants to have a personal relationship with us. The Most High and Almighty God desires to converse with little ole you and me. How astounding! Now that is grace and mercy flowing from the throne as we trust in Jesus.
Are we trusting in Him, seeking Him?

LET IT GROW

For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. (verse 3, NLT)

Do you need rescued today? Here is another one of God's promises. Those that take refuge in God will be freed from the hands of the wicked and unreasonable, and the temptations of Satan. The protection of God is what we need to live in this world so we hear, "Well done, My child."

LET IT GO

                             ... and let God be my shelter, stronghold, hope.
                                ... and put my trust in Almighty God today.
                                ... ask Him to protect me from deadly diseases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment