Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Overwhelmed

O. T #954 "Overwhelmed"
April 5, 2017
2 Chronicles 13-Part 2
When Judah realized they were being attacked from the front and the rear, they cried out to the Lord for help.  2 Chronicles 13:14 NLT

LET IT GLOW

Sometimes I  get overwhelmed by the discouragements, verbal attacks, and worries of life. How about you? During those times I want to throw up my hands and quit, run away, start afresh, but then when I cry out to God, He gives me strength to endure. It's when I allow Him to pick up the pieces, calm the raging seas, bring down those mountains, and put my life back together again, leaning on the Everlasting Arms of Jesus, I get walking by faith again.. Yes, He picks me up, dusts me off, and fills me with hope and His strength. Today's king cried out to the Lord his God. What happened to him?

King Abijah was Rehobam's son and Solomon's grandson, who reigned over Judah. He tried to unite his nation with Israel through a battle. Although his army was out numbered by 800,000 to 400,000, and surrounded, Judah called upon the Lord for help. When God intervened, Judah won and beat the odds against them, killing 500,000 Israelites. Victory came because they trusted in God.

So what happened next?
Abijah and his army pursued Jeroboam's troops of Israel, captured some of their towns and some villages. Bethel was included in that group.

Who can stop the Lord Almighty, the Lion of Judah?

Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:10, For when I am weak, then I am strong.

King Abijah sought the Lord for help and it came. Do we in our time of need?
How do we respond when the enemy surrounds us? When the arrows of affliction strike us, do we let it deepen our character, regroup us from their momentary setbacks, turn us to Jesus, renew our faith?

LET IT GROW

Get this friend-Jeroboam never regained his power during Abijah's lifetime and finally he died after the Lord struck him down. Now, Israel still had kings who continued to reign.

Meanwhile, Abijah of Judah grew more and more powerful in his kingdom. Scripture says he married 14 wives and had 22 sons and 16 daughters.

I was looking for some verses which went along these lines. David wrote many in the Psalms as he asked God to deliver him from troubles, enemies, and death. God was faithful in David's life.

As the song goes, His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me; on and on it goes; it overwhelms and satisfies my soul; I never have to be afraid. His love is never failing and never ending.

Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised!


LET IT GO

Recognize my weaknesses and turn to the One who is strong-King Jesus.

Cry out to Him for help.

Trust it to come.

Then give glory to the Lord Most High.

No comments:

Post a Comment