Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day!

Since it is a day set aside for us to express our love to those we love, I thought that we would veer off our path a little today and discuss "love."
Now, who doesn't desire to feel loved more today? I hear ya.
So I turned the pages over on my daily devotionals/inspirations sitting on my desk, 4 to be exact. Here is what I read:

I have loved you, says the LORD.      (Malachi 1:2)

Did you hear God's affirming His love for Israel, His chosen people and beloved nation? They needed it, for Israel had been captive for 70 years. When they returned to Jerusalem, everything had been destroyed by the Babylonians, including the Temple. How disheartening! They had to rebuild it all-houses, government, stores, farms, and the Temple. (They stopped loving God and turned to idol worship, so God sent them into a foreign land to live as slaves.)
God's love was undeserved, sovereign, unconditional, and complete. Do you think Israel needed that reassurance? How about us?

Luci Swindoll, Chuck's sister, says, "The Lord loves us...when we're disappointed or hurt or making a mess of things. It matters that we are vulnerable before Him. That we are completely ourselves."


Love is patient, love is kind.   (1 Corinthians 13:4)

I LOVE YOU. Simple, single-syllable words, yet they cannot be improve upon. Nothing even comes close. And because we don't have any guarantee we'll have each other forever, it's a good idea to say them, as often as possible. (Chuck Swindoll)

All right now, let's determine to show some patience and kindness today. Ready, set, go.



Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves  his fellowman has fulfilled the law.  (Romans 13:8)

Shall we fulfill the law a whole bunch today, by loving our fellowman and woman and child?



The good things God has for you are more exciting than a clearance shoe sale and a box of chocolates put together. (DaySpring)

The love of God cannot be contained in a box. It is bigger than the earth and universe. oooh e!


Let me say, I LOVE YOU FRIENDS! Thanks for faithfully visiting with me as we spend time in the Word together. I wish we could sit in front of the fireplace, sipping hot tea, and eating from His banqueting table, the whole bunch of us, sharing our love. Some day we will, in heaven. Be sure and look me up, hear.

We will get back to finishing up 1 Chronicles tomorrow. In the meantime, have a blessed day and know YOU ARE LOVED!

Sister in Christ,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment