Monday, November 12, 2012

Summary and Postcards

648.  "Summary and Postcards"
November 12, 2012
Summary of 3 John-Part 6   


LET IT GLOW

Here we are at the end of John's writings of the three short letters, postcards, full of love, faith, hospitality, and warnings. I couldn't leave until next week, but I had to wrap it up. John spoke of three characters in this third letter: 
     
  1. Gaius was faithful and hospitable.
  2. Diotrephes was rebuked for being prideful, disruptive, inhospitable, and coercive. 
  3. Demetrius was praised for his good testimony. 
I wonder which one I am most like. How about you?

LET IT GROW

Maybe I can send you a postcard from the Dominican Republic. If we have internet service where we are going, I can post updates.  There is a team of eight that are going to preach, teach, and witness for our Lord Jesus, sharing the gospel in remote areas of the D.R.
I covet your prayers.  Especially, on Tuesday and Wednesday, the team will be giving testimonies in a high school.

Thank you so much for your faithfulness, friends. We return on the 16th, so check back off and on this week. Have a wonderful week!

Sharing the love, mercy, and grace of Jesus throughout the world.
Linda

       

No comments:

Post a Comment