Friday, March 23, 2012

Crossing my Red Sea of Troubles

482.  "Crossing my Red Sea of Troubles"
          March 23, 2012
Hebrews 11-Part 17
By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.  Hebrews 11:29


LET IT GLOW

Pharoah and his mighty Egyptian army with horses and chariots pursued the Israelites. (God had hardened Pharoah's heart again in Exodus 14, so they turned against the Israelites.) Because the Israelites left Egypt, the Pharoah and his people lost slaves to serve them. Remember, they had slaves for 400 years to serve them. I don't think they cherished the idea of having to work and do for themselves.

"When the Israelites first reached the shores of the Red Sea, the people feared for their lives (Exodus 14:11, 21). But upon hearing Moses' pronouncement of God's protection (Ex. 14:13-14), they went forward in faith," states The MacArthur Bible Commentary.

Fear was quite deep that day, I'm sure, as the Israelites faced the Red Sea in front and the Egyptian army behind them. They probably didn't remember the promises God made them in Exodus 6:6-8:
  • He is the Lord,
  • He will bring them out from under the burdens of the Egyptians,
  • He will rid them out of their bondage,
  • He will redeem them with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments,
  • He will take them for a people and be their God,
  • they shall know He is the Lord their God, which brought them out from under their burdens,
  • He will bring them into the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
  • He will give the land as a heritage to them,
  • He is the Lord.

LET IT GROW

Flying over the ocean for 4-6 hours at a time is very nerve wrecking to me. You see, I am afraid of water that is over my heard or that I can't touch the bottom. I have experienced this feeling of insecurity only a three times-once when flying to Brazil, to Malaysia, and to Puerto Rico. Each time we crossed an ocean. I had to put my faith in Jesus' protection of the plane or else I would have been a nervous wreck upon landing. Everything turned out fine, praise to the Lord! So I can symphasize with the Israelites when they were crossing the Red Sea with a wall of water on both sides of them. Let's check out the events in more detail.

The Israelites were walking by sight and not by faith at that point before crossing, stepping into the Red Sea. Moses' pronouncement of God's protection in Exodus 14:13-14 said: Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will show to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

Do I have those same promises? You better believe it! When I face my Red Sea of decision and leave my bondage to sin, unhealthy foods and drinks, ungodly tv shows, criticism, all behind and step into the water of repentance and deliverance, pass through those troubles, then I will come out on the other side a new person. Jesus is my Redeemer and Deliverer!!

Whatever my situation, I need not fear, but stand and watch the Lord part a great sea of trouble into a wall of dry land for me to walk on, as a red carpet leading to the King's throne. (Hey, it was a Red Sea.) I don't have to fight, just hold my peace. He will fight for me. (The hardest part is my taking that first step of faith into the sea of trouble.) I will see His outstretched arm working and hear His Holy Spirit speaking. I sing praises to Your Name, Lord Jesus, for You are Almighty God, ElShaddai.

Will you take that first step with me, friend? I am praying for you.

Look at the rest of  Hebrew 11:29, the Egyptians drown after they made an attempt to capture the Israelites.
Assaying means to make an attempt, according to Strong's Concordance.

However, the Egyptians were not successful, because God was in charge, not Pharoah. They were all drown.

Faith is not a daring leap in the dark. Faith is man's response to God's command. (Falwell)


LET IT GO

Leave my troubles and sins at the foot of the cross of Jesus and let Him free me from my bondage of sins.

Trust Jesus and take that first step of faith.

Watch His outstretched arm take care of my troubles, enemies.

Praise my Redeemer, who lives today!!!!

Pray for others that are at their Red Sea of decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment