Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mission Possible

I wonder why they titled the tv show "Mission Impossible" that when
they always succeeded . My hubby asked me if I would have watched
it if the show was called "Mission Possible." Probably not, at the first.
(Does this show my age?)

Matthew 19
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, "With men this is
impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matt. 19:26

LET IT GLOW

In the verses 24-25, Jesus told His disciples,"It is easier for a camel
to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the
kingdom of God."  When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly
amazed, saying, "Who then can be saved?"

Being saved, even a rich man, is impossible for people to do by
themselves. However, it is possible for God.

Concerning verse 26, I thought of the 5 w's we had in school:
What? possible things
Who? God does them
When? no expiration date
Where? unlimited
Why? because God loves us

God created everything; He controls everything; He knows everything;
He is all powerful.

With Linda it is impossible, but with God it is possible. At first I thought
He was talking about being saved, but Jesus used the word all. With
God all things are possible. That covers a big territory-marriages,
children, finances, economy, churches, jobs,  plans, etc.

Geneisis 18:14 asks, "Is any thing too hard for the LORD?"
Jeremiah 32:17 says,"Ah LORD God! behold, thou hast made the
heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and
there is nothing too hard for thee."
Luke 1:37 says,"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Sometimes I need reassurance from the Lord. How about you?

LET IT GROW

In verse 20, the rich young man asked Jesus, "What lack I yet?"
He had kept the commandments Jesus mentioned. But, he had one
hang up. Obviously, this guy had a lot of possessions. Jesus told him to
go, sell, give, come, follow.

Since Jesus can see into peoples' hearts, He knew this man loved his
things too much. But more than eternal life? Apparently so, because
he went away sorrowful. (Jesus didn't mention the first 5 of the Ten
Commandments about loving God most.)

It's always good for me to take inventory of my heart and possessions.
Jesus, what am I lacking? Is anything keeping me from following You?

LET IT GO

Trust God with my impossiblilites.
Trust God that all things are possible with Him.
Let Jesus change what I'm lacking.
Let it go and give it (problems) to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment